The course teaches parents how to massage their babies. The techniques used are drawn from both Indian and Swedish massage traditions, as well as principles taken from yoga and reflexology. The IAIM qualified instructors deliver the most comprehensive courses available.
The International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) is the largest and longest standing worldwide association solely dedicated to baby massage. Launched more than 30 years ago, IAIM’s baby massage programme is well-respected, well-researched.
The IAIM course includes:
- Massage stokes for legs, feet, stomach, chest, arms, hands, face and back
- A short colic routine
- Gentle movements and touch relaxation
- The best time and for how long to massage
- What massage oils to use
- How to adapt the strokes for your baby’s individual needs and the growing child
The benefits of baby massage can include:
- Strengthen baby-parent communication
- Enhance your understanding of baby’s development
- Boost self esteem and confidence in parenting
- Relax parent and baby
- Encourage a deeper sleep for baby
- Relieve wind, colic and constipation
- Reduce crying
The course runs for 1 and 1/4 hours for 5 weeks and includes comprehensive parent hand-outs and a bottle of organic cold pressed sunflower oil. The course costs £45, which need to be paid to secure your place.
Classes are held on at Copley Cricket Club on
Monday 11.00-12.15pm &
Wednesdays at 11.30am – 12.45pm
1.00pm – 2.15pm
Please contact Andrea on:
07711 964658 or email@example.com
for up to date class lists see Andrea’s IAIM profile.